- BLS earned Gold as it was named Best School in Massachusetts #42 in the Nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- Five BLS students won the Youth CITIES’ L3 Innovation Challenge.
- For the first time in BLS history, Girls' Cross Country team qualifies for All States.
- Students earned impressive results on National Language Exams (Spanish, German, French): 33 gold medals; 81 silver; 60 bronze; 197 honorable mentions.
- Two BLS students conducted 1st ever Human Library: Real People, Real Conversations at BLS as part of a Worldwide Movement for Social Change.
- Concert Strings, Concert Choir, Big Band and Wind Ensemble all received Gold Medals at the State level, a 1st for BLS. A record high 37 students accepted to Senior District, 13 Students accepted to All State, Six Students accepted to All East and Roger Cawdette accepted into All-National Honor Orchestra.
- BLS Junior Classical League - the largest chapter in the world - took 1st place for the Intermediate Certamen competition at 2017 Nationals and also earned two 1st place awards and two MVP honors at the Yale National Certamen Invitational.
- BLS Faculty Earned Accolades on National and Statewide Levels:
Aaron Osowiecki, 2016 National Shell Science Teaching Award
Deeth Ellis P'14, '16, '19, 2016 MA Super Librarian Award
Jennifer Kuchta, 2016 AATG German Teachers Award
- Junior Classical League Took 1st Place at Yale National Invitational Tournament
- U.S. Secretary of Education John King Announced William Wang as a 2016 U.S. Presidential Scholar
- Students Recognized for Outstanding Results on 2016 National Language (German, Spanish) Exams
- Vocalists/Musicians Earn Gold/Silver Medals at State & MICCA Festivals
- Nadine Han '21 Named a National Broadcom MASTERS Science Competition Finalist
- Phillip Sossou '16, Combining Artistry and Altruism, Completed Surprise Portraits of 411 Classmates, Turned Senior Hallway into Gallery Walk
- The Fencing Team in its 1st Year as a Varsity Sport Took 1st Place at States; Anne Walsh '20, Co-Champion of the 2016 Girls Golf North/Central/West Sectional Took 2nd Place at States
- 14 Students Participated in Study Abroad Programs as CIEE Global Navigators
- First Place, Junior Classical League State Tournament & Made History by Sweeping Harvard National Invitational Certamen Tournament
- Sophomore Participates in the 5th Annual White House Science Fair
- Gold, Silver & Bronze Honors on AATG National German Exam & the National Etymology Exam
- Second Place. Beijing Youth Science Creation Competition
- Student Musicians Represent BLS at All National Honors Orchestra; All-Eastern Honors Ensembles; MICCA Stars at Symphony Showcase
- US-China Cultural and Scitech Exchange Program
- Athletes Qualify for Girls’ Crew Nationals; Softball, Baseball, Girls' Tennis & Track States
- 16 Students Earn Council on International Educational Exchange Study Abroad Scholarships: a First for MA
- U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan named Boston Latin a National Green Ribbon School for Sustainability Efforts
- BLS earned Gold status (#56 out of top 500 nationally) and named Best Public School in Massachusetts by U.S. News & World Report
- Assistant Head Master Elizabeth McCoy was named Massachusetts Assistant Principal of the Year by the National Association of Secondary School Principals
- Silvana DiCenso Myette, 2015 MA Italian Teacher of the Year Award
- Nathan Han '17, Winner, Gordon E. Moore Award (1st Prize), Intel International Science Fair
- Phuong Nghi Pham '14, Winner, New England Conservatory Prep School – Concerto Competition
- Ranked #1 in Massachusetts: Grade 10 MCAS in English, Math and Science
- Winner, Best Big Band in the U.S., Charles Mingus Jazz Festival
- Winner, Grand Prize in Global Green USA's Green School Makeover Competition
- Intel Schools of Distinction: BLS Places in Top 3 for High School Science Programs in the Nation
- Judi Freeman (History) named Upstander Contest "Most Inspiring Educator," an international program sponsored by Facing History and Ourselves
- Scott Balicki (Chemistry) selected as Massachusetts Teacher of the Year Finalist
- U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan named Boston Latin a National Blue Ribbon School
- BLS celebrates 375th anniversary (1635 to 2010): NBC Today Show acknowledges the newest thinking at America’s oldest school and the greening efforts of BLS YouthCAN; WCVB Chronicle episode on the 375th